The Kidney Wales Foundation’s strategic aim is to support patients and families and to promote excellence in renal research.
The Kidney Wales Foundation will:
Provide a high quality focused approach to fundraising for renal research, care and education which is responsive to the needs of clinical institutions, patients and their families by:
- Aiming to increase organ donation for those waiting
- Investing our funds in new services, facilities and equipment as part of an on-going programme that will give added value to statutory funding
- Working in partnership with other organisations to share expertise and good practice
- Develop innovative programmes in renal research for the benefit of renal patients in the Welsh community
- Recruit, retain and invest in the professional development of high calibre staff
- Ensure financial viability and the efficient use of resources.
Principal Activities, Objectives and Policies
Kidney Wales’ principal activities and objectives consist of charitable fundraising and the provision of those funds for the relief of people living in Wales (and elsewhere in Great Britain as the Trustees may from time to time decide) who are suffering from renal disease.
We will achieve this by:
- The promotion, provision, maintenance and improvement of kidney dialysis units in hospitals, schools of medicine and universities
- The provision of equipment or facilities to support kidney patients
- The promotion and publication of medical research into renal and related diseases.
For almost 50 years, Kidney Wales has been at the forefront of kidney patient care, well being and research here in Wales. We would not have achieved this without the generosity and hard work of our supporters. Everyday we see how the gift of life gives patients the second chance they are desperate for but please remember not all patients are lucky enough to receive a transplant. People die waiting for the call to come so we will continue to work with energy and vigour to ensure the best treatments and care are available in Wales.
We welcome people who want to campaign and fundraise with us for a better and brighter tomorrow.