Uniting the Welsh kidney community to enable pioneering world class care, support and well-being services.
- Aim to increase live organ donation throughout Wales.
- Investing our funds in support services and enhancing facilities and equipment as part of an on-going programme that will give added value to statutory funding and improve patient care and well-being.
- Working in partnership with other organisations to enhance the experience and well-being of the kidney community.
- Developing innovative programmes in research for the benefit of kidney patients in the Welsh community.
- Delivery of education and awareness raising activity drawn from research.
We will achieve this by:
There are estimated to be 20,000 patients suffering from kidney disease in Wales.
With the significant help of our supporters, Kidney Wales helps patients by:
- Providing information, advice and assistance to patients and their families;
- Making grants available through a Well-being Fund for patients;
- Working alongside the NHS to invest in targeted support for kidney patients;
- Running research projects that benefit Welsh kidney patients.