Uniting the Welsh kidney community to enable pioneering world class care, support and well-being services.
The objectives for our work are to generate and use diverse resources sustainably and responsibly to:
- Deliver education and awareness raising activity
- Work in partnership with other organisations to enhance the experience and well-being of the kidney community
- Invest our funds in support services and enhancing facilities and equipment to add value to statutory funding and improve patient care and well-being
- Develop innovative programmes in research for the benefit of kidney patients in the Welsh community
We will achieve this by:
There are estimated to be 20,000 patients suffering from kidney disease in Wales.
With the significant help of our supporters, Kidney Wales helps patients by:
- Providing information, advice and assistance to patients and their families;
- Making grants available through a Well-being Fund for patients;
- Working alongside the NHS to invest in targeted support for kidney patients;
- Running research projects that benefit Welsh kidney patients.