Join around 120 cyclists on Saturday 8th of September for a 50 mile cycle challenge. Starting at 9am from Cardiff Metropolitan University,Western Avenue you will ride along the Taff Trail until you reach Merthyr Leisure centre where you will break for lunch before cycling back to Cardiff for a celebration at Pedal Power Cafe within Bute Park.
The minimum age for the event is 14 years, however anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and the parent must sign the disclaimer / entry form.
The cost per rider to register is £25. We also ask that you pledge to raise £30 sponsorship or whichever sum you feel is appropriate for Kidney Wales as the chosen supported charity for this event.
Cardiff – Merthyr – Cardiff entry fee includes.
Cycle mechanical support
Coffee stop and Lunch in Merthyr. Lunch includes baguettes, cookies/cakes, a collection of fruit, water / soft drinks.
If you feel you would like to join the challenge, but you are unable to cycle the entire distance. There is an option to cycle one way from Merthyr to Cardiff departing at 1pm, however please note there is no transport available for this.
For more information please contact the ride organiser Richard firstname.lastname@example.org, or to register your interest please complete the form below.
By completing the form below you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below
– This is not a Race!! (No road closures in place)
– All riders must adhere to directions and advice from the organisers and marshals.
– Bicycle Helmets must be worn at all times during the event.
– Terrain is varied, and suitable for both road & mountain bikes
– Transport not available for the Merthyr to Cardiff Route.
– The bike ride is suitable for anyone of moderate to good levels of fitness.
– Sponsorship: Suggested sponsorship £30.00 per adult. We hope you will endeavor to raise as much as possible to support our work in the local community.
– Teams are encouraged to take part.
– Minimum Age for the event is 14, anyone under 16 must be accompanies by a parent or guardian.
– If an individual is under 16 years of age, a parent must also sign the disclaimer/entry form.
– For further information or assistance please feel free to get in touch with the ride organiser